
You gotta love a
parking lot carnival (no dirt and dust being kicked up). And with the wind we were having that was certainly a good thing! We spent about $20 in 20 minutes. Haha. Kale was such a sweet big brother and agreed to ride three rides with Bailey. Of course, there were only 5 to pick from. Kidding. But seriously, there weren't too many more than that. And I don't know that I'd call the above
thing a ride. That would be generous. It was more of a
fun house, and I use that term loosely as well.

There's the fun house in the background. :) Now, we all know how carnivals can be. You gotta wonder where they get the people to work them, right? And the rides themselves are just downright unsafe looking. Am I right? But I think this carnival might have been a first for us. Not only did they have a one-eyed dude running a ride, and several that sadly seemed slightly disabled, they were also hispanic and I'm not sure they spoke a lick of English. This was especially unnerving for Kale when he was asking if there was a weight limit on the Kamikaze ride he rode (the last 3 pics below) and just got a huge grin from the guy, a few words in Spanish and was quicky buckled in.

At this point, the people working the carnival must have pushed "play" on the CD player as a Spanish song filled the air, with lots of "uno, dos tres" going on. I was getting a good giggle as Austen started dancing around, as did Kale while he rode this ride with Bailey.

This was the last ride that Bailey picked. It was between this one and the ferris wheel. My choice? The ferris wheel, for sure. But for some strange reason she picked this one. Yikes. She onbviously had
no idea that it would be going upside down, and eagerly boarded the monstrosity. There's Shawn giving Kale and Bailey some words of advice. Haha. Just kidding. He was probably making sure they were as securely fastened as they could be and then he said, "I love you", as they were wisked away. (Notice they are the only two riding the ride?)


Unbeknownst to us, Bailey was flopping around quite nicely in her seat belt. I mean, she was secure as she could be. She wasn't going to fall out. But her rear end was definitely lifting off the seat, and there was some "give" in the overhead seatbelt device. Scary thought. At one point, Shawn said, "oh my god, I think she's going to throw up". Thankfully that didn't happen, and once it was over she said she was completely fine, that her mouth was just filling with air, as they descended. As mentioned, Kale was such a good sport to go on these few rides with her. I know it meant a lot to her.
Once we'd had our fill of carnival fun, we had lunch and then went to Sports Authority to get Bailey knee pads for volleyball.
2 comments:
Hi Guys!
I remember going to one of those carnivals once. Kristen was just a baby. Your Dad and I were visiting family in Illinois. We decided to go to this small carnival. We chose to ride the tilt/awhirl. We were the only ones on the ride and the attendant thought we'd like to go as fast as the ride could go. NOT!
I was never able to ride twirly rides again. Stay away from thoses small Carnivals.
Love Mom
AH! I absolutely HATE carnival rides. I went to the Del Mar Fair with a friend of mine a few years ago (del mar is a lot bigger then parking lot carnivals) but I was getting on this ride that was like a space rocket looking thing, you had to sit inside of a glass space ship. Well during the ride (going upside down and what not) the glass of my space ship shattered. The attendant didn't realize this until AFTER the ride was over.
SOOO SCARY, and I will never go back to a carnival again.
Post a Comment