Monday, November 17, 2008

What's new around here.

So lots been going around here, as usual. Busy. Busy.

  1. Austen had his first ever Saturday school. Doesn't that sound like fun? Well, he had been late (repeatedly) to Art and I guess Mrs. Henry decided it was quite enough, so she assigned Saturday school. It went 8-12pm. Ick. Add to that the fact that he was at the school at 7am for basketball practice (he only stayed for an hour of it), and you can see it was a very early (and long) day.
  2. Austen did make RHS' JV basketball team. He found out Friday, and of course you always just breath a little sigh of relief. His friend, who did not make it last year, was not so lucky. Breaks my heart.
  3. Bailey and I saw High School Musical 3 on Sunday with her friend Lauren, and her mom Lisa. What a great movie! I really, really liked it.
  4. After the movie we met up with Shawn, Austen and Kale at the revamped mall. Wow. Lots of new stores. Really a whole new mall. Seems like it almost doubled in size. I'm not a huge mall person, but it was cool to see. They have a Hot Topic, and if it weren't for the huge crowds packed into that tiny store, I would have bought myself a Twilight t-shirt. I really want one. *grin* The boys decided to eat in the new food court. Shawn, Bailey and I had Cheesecake Factory. We usually always like the food, but for some reason I came home feeling miserable. Weird.
  5. The boys have started practicing again (ugh!) Will had been grounded due to his grades and I gotta say, it has been nice and quiet around here. So as of Saturday (after Sat. school) they had about a four hour practice. They are practicing right now for about two hours.
  6. They boys will be playing one song at a night-time school rally this Thursday. They will play Let's All Throwdown at Prom.
  7. They are also getting ready for their second show at Club Retro on December 6th.
  8. Lastly, Kale has been kicking butt in school. Really staying focused and making a great effort. (Way to go, dude!) He almost pulled of an A (89%) on his last Algebra test. This is huge for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings gang!
1. GRANDSON being late is not cool. When Grandpa Dennis and I were first married Grandpa never liked to be late for anything. Grandma was not quite as good. Being left by Grandpa because I was late for a party cured me of being late. Maybe your Sat. school will cure you. Let's hope so.
2. Hooray for the JV Basketball team. Great job Austen!

3.You go girls. Sounds like a great movie. So many cute boys.

4. Kristen Miss Bailey is just the right age for a new mall, with lots of store. I'm sure the boys will love it too. Not for the stores of course.

5. Practice makes perfect. I think.

6,7. You boys ROCK!

8. Congrats to the butt kicker. Keep up the great work, Kale.

Love Gma/Mom
Hugs and big kisses